Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

F-104G 331 Skv

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi There

Wonder if someone can help,i have my 331Skv F-104G kit all painted up and ready for the decals,but the underwing sidewinder rails look a little bare.I dont want to put live sidewinders on them so was wondering if they ever flew with dummy sidewinder training rounds,either in orange or blue like on the F16s,i have tried most F-104 sites but can find nothing,they all seem to be clean pylons.

Could anyone help with any pictures of them carrying training rounds.

Kind Regards

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hey,

I'm pretty sure they flew with dummy rounds, but I actually doubt they were painted orange or blue at the time. Seems to me at the time that the standard colour would be white with a blue band around'em.

Having said that I am not an expert at all.

In this search there are quite a few starfighter pics, especially in posts by Per Einar Jansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Many thanks for the reply

There is some very good information and shots to go through, i think i have made a mistake on the colour i have painted my F-104G.I think i am going to have a re-think on what the grey paint colour is.

Kind Regards

In what way, Craig? Some of the white-winged machines were also grey, 3 of them IIRC. And then they were all painted alu-grey in '72 I believe. When they got all dull and boring.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The Ref No for the paint i was given was ADC grey but it looks to bright,i thought Humbrol 127 might be just right,but any expert help would be most helpful.

The F-104G i am doing is overall grey serial No 62-12240 tail No 240 and the picture dates to 1975.

Kind Regards

Craig

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å besøke og/eller registrerer deg på vårt forum aksepterer du våre vilkår og personvernregler. Bruksvilkår.