Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Anbefalte innlegg

They look correct in size?  :-[ Don't tell me that after scanning the sheet and reducing it to a size that should different from the original I ended up with the real size :S

Anyway, the rounds seem to be perfect in register and the artwork looks good as well.

As for the aircraft name, maybe there is some font available that is approximately what we need. I'll try to print decals on my inkjet printer. I have never tried it so I don't know if the results will be good.

As for my question about the sonobuoy holes... can someone help?

Ricardo

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ricardo,

I can't comment on the size as the image is most likely smaller than real life ;)  However, the proportions seem to be correct.  A number of manufacturers get the proportions wrong so that the blue line in the pennant is too thin and/or, the ring is too thin.

Not sure if Letraset does a font in that style - I've never seen that font on anything except SAS' own aircraft and brochures, so it's not very likely that you will get something that looks the part exactly.  You may find a font in italics that has simple strokes (i.e. no bars at the end of the letters - I'm sure there's a name for it) that will look convincing unless you look cliose.

Jens

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ricardo,

As you see, the P-3Bs changed very slightly depending on the period - the code letters KK- were discontinued after 1972, and the planes were delivered in 1969, so this was still early in their careers, hence the lack of an optical window.  I've just been leafing through a 1980 issue of Limtuben, issued shortly after the kit was released, and it seems that the window was not in place when the aircraft were carrying code letters.  The few pics of the aircraft with call numbers (post 1972) show that some have the window, others don't.  I believe that all aircraft had this window fitted before they left the RNoAF, and I'd guess that would also apply for the mid 80s.  however, nothing beats a photo of the real thing.

Also note that the prop blades are white-red-white, whereas they are currently yellow, so there are detail changes to the colour scheme.

Jens

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Well, the issue here is that now I have two pieces of information that say different things. Could it be that the Roald Amundsen P-3 did not have sonobuoy launchers but other P-3s did? Anyway, I have already filled all the holes, but there is no problem in opening some again. In fact, I could make them better, since the launchers are "obliquous" as we can perfectly see on the photo. The problem here is: which holes should I open (if any)?

Ricardo

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...
  • 3 uker senere...

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å besøke og/eller registrerer deg på vårt forum aksepterer du våre vilkår og personvernregler. Bruksvilkår.